Invisalign is available for all ages depending on the needs of each patient. During your consultation, Dr. Abraham will evaluate your child for the best option and recommend treatment with Invisalign First if it can help their smile.
As the best provider of Invisalign Santa Monica parents can find for their children, Dr. Abraham will develop a treatment plan that adjusts to your kid’s circumstances and goals. Children aged 6 to 10 can ensure their smile grows to be beautiful and healthy with the power of Invisalign First.
What is Invisalign First?
Many patients love the benefits that come with Invisalign treatment for Kids in Santa Monica. The aligners are comfortable, clear, and removable. There are no brackets and wires to brush around, meaning that children can take care of their teeth more easily and efficiently.
This system of BPA-free clear aligner trays will gently push your kids’ teeth into the proper alignment and help improve function and their oral health.
We carefully design each set of aligners to achieve a certain tooth movement with preprogrammed biomechanics. If your kid wears their aligners anywhere from 20 to 22 hours every day, they will make the most out of their treatment and achieve a straight smile with a well-fitting bite and healthy teeth.
Is Invisalign First Right For Your Kid?
Ideally, children should first visit an orthodontist by age 7. During Phase 1 orthodontics, we can help your child achieve proper dental development, so if they’re aged 6 to 10, you can bring them for a consultation and check if Invisalign First is right for them.
We develop a treatment plan with Invisalign First clear aligners to adjust to your child’s needs, delivering predictable results, a comfortable experience, and much faster treatment progress.
Invisalign requires the highest degree of patient compliance in order to achieve the most ideal results. Some children may not be ready for the responsibility that comes with Invisalign, so we will discuss all treatment options at the consultation.
Why Should You Choose Invisalign First for Your Kid?
Invisalign clear aligners deliver considerable advantages for any patient.
- The new generation of Invisalign aligners uses the SmartTrack® material to deliver a much more comfortable experience when placing or removing each tray. Besides, the BPA-free material is safe for everybody.
- We use the iTero scanner® to quickly map out your kid’s dental structures and develop a highly-customized treatment that achieves the results you want.
- Having a 3D scan of your kid’s mouth allows us to predict results and estimate how your kid’s smile will look once they complete their treatment.
- Because the aligners are removable, your child will be able to take them off and easily clean their teeth after mealtimes. Say bye to maneuvering around wires and brackets to clean teeth.
- For more complex cases, we can use the SmartForce® attachments that help Invisalign push the teeth in the right direction.
- Generally speaking, patients enjoy shorter treatment times with Invisalign than with traditional metal braces. Depending on the case’s severity, you can expect an overall treatment time of up to 18 months.
- Kids won’t have to say goodbye to their favorite meals because they can just take off the aligners and eat whatever they prefer, granted they brush and floss their teeth afterward.
How Much is Invisalign For Children?
Abraham Orthodontics highly recommend you set up an appointment for your kid to determine what treatment specifics are required in their case. Treatment costs vary a lot depending on each patient’s circumstances. Besides, your insurance provider might help cover part of the total cost, and we can help you review that insurance information when you come to the office. We hope to see you around soon in our Santa Monica orthodontic office and help your child start the journey toward a beautiful and healthy smile!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Invisalign treatment good for kids?
Invisalign clear aligners are a great option for kids because it makes them spend much less time in the orthodontist’s office. Likewise, aligners are removable and clear, meaning that your kids can enjoy additional advantages during their treatment.
How does my child keep the aligners clean?
Kids should keep in mind that cleaning their aligners is crucial for their treatment. The best way to keep their clear aligners clean is to use cold water and rinse them. Remind your child to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and liquid soap to brush the aligners.
Is Invisalign a good option for kids?
Invisalign is great for children because it can treat almost every case of orthodontic complications just as traditional braces would, but unlike conventional braces, aligners can remain completely hidden from any curious onlookers. Children won’t have to stop eating any of their favorite foods because they can simply take off their aligners and eat whatever type of food they wish.
Is Invisalign right for me?
You should consult with a board-certified orthodontist to verify you are a good candidate for Invisalign clear aligners. Most people can use this treatment option, but you have to make sure your case is not excessively complicated in a way that makes it impossible for you to realign your teeth with the base version of Invisalign.
How often does my child have to visit the dentist?
Your child should continue to visit the dentist at least every six months to ensure their dental health is as good as possible during their treatment. Your child will have to visit their orthodontist about every six weeks to ensure all is going according to plan.
Can my child play sports with Invisalign?
Yes. The best part of wearing Invisalign is that your kid won’t have to sacrifice any part of their daily routines. Any extracurricular activities and sports can continue as usual because the clear aligners won’t harm the inside of your kids’ lips or their gums. With Invisalign, your kid won’t even need a mouthguard.