Invisalign aligners are clear and designed to be virtually invisible while in your mouth. That means no one even has to know you’re in orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign Treatment For Teens in Santa Monica CA
You can discover the power of Invisalign Teen, the clear, comfortable, and removable way to get the smile of your dreams.
So, What is it?
Invisalign is a series of clear, comfortable, and completely removable aligners that are each calibrated to achieve a certain tooth movement. When worn as your orthodontist recommends, the result is a beautiful, straight, and healthy smile.
At Abraham Orthodontics, we’ll use our iTero scanner to take a complete look at your teen’s mouth. This allows us to put together a 3D model so we then know how the teeth need to move to achieve the ideal result. You’ll even be able to see the end result so you and your teen will be able to see their finished smile before treatment even begins.
Your aligners are custom created for your individual smile. Each set should be worn a minimum of 22 hours a day for approximately two weeks before moving on to the next series. Because the aligners are removable, you’ll be able to eat and care for your teeth like normal.
Advantages of Invisalign Teen
- The comfortable minimalist design of aligners. The smooth, BPA-free plastic that the aligners are made from is comfortable, and the aligners are designed just for your smile.
- Invisalign aligners are clear and designed to be virtually invisible while in your mouth. That means no one even has to know you’re in orthodontic treatment in Santa Monica.
- Enjoy your favorite snacks. Because there are no brackets or wires to worry about damaging, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods and treats during treatment. Just pop the aligners out before eating or drinking anything but water.
- Brush and floss with ease. The aligners are removable, so you can brush and floss without worrying about getting in and around brackets and wires.
- Spend more time enjoying life. Follow-up appointments take less time because there are no wires to adjust, so you can spend more time doing the things you love and less time in our office.
- Get precise treatment, without the hassle. For most patients, Invisalign can offer as precise a result as traditional braces in Santa Monica.
Disadvantages to Invisalign Teen
- May not be ideal for every orthodontic patient. Invisalign Teen is a great option for many patients, but for those with the most severe malocclusions, traditional braces may still be the best option.
- Compliance is crucial. Santa Monica Invisalign Teen requires a high degree of patient compliance to achieve the ideal result. Because the aligners are removable, it’s crucial that patients wear them as directed. Failing to wear the aligners the correct amount of time and in the correct order can alter treatment results.
- Aligners can get lost. Because you remove the aligners when eating and drinking, it’s possible to accidentally throw them away or lose them. It’s important to keep them in a secure case when they aren’t in your mouth.
Santa Monica Invisalign Teen is a great option for many patients. Schedule your consultation today to determine if your teen can benefit from the clear option for orthodontic treatment.